top of page
- Thu, Apr 20AshlandApr 20, 7:00 PM – Apr 21, 7:00 PMAshland, Ashland, VA 23005, USAWatch two films on immigration in Ashland, Virginia on Thursday April 20th, and Friday April 21st, and meet the Director of the films, Pablo Véliz. Admission is free and open to the public!
- Thu, Mar 23RichmondMar 23, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PMRichmond, 2810 N Parham Rd STE 300, Richmond, VA 23294, USAJoin us in Richmond or virtually for our annual meeting of the VCRMDS. See below for a link to RSVP for in-person and virtual attendance.
- Sat, Mar 18RoanokeMar 18, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PMRoanoke, 2502 Melrose Ave NW suite d, Roanoke, VA 24017, USACelebrate the Persion New Year in Roanoke with our neighbors from Iran, Afghanistan, and other countries. No tickets required.
- Thu, Mar 16BlacksburgMar 16, 7:30 PMBlacksburg, 190 Alumni Mall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USAPulitzer-prize winning author and advocate for refugees and other displaced people, Viet Thanh Nguyen will speak at Virginia Tech's Moss Arts Center. Link below for tickets through the Moss Center.
- Fri, Feb 24Virtual Sessions via ZoomFeb 24, 8:00 AM – Feb 25, 1:00 PMVirtual Sessions via ZoomJoin Reestablish Richmond for a community summit focused on strengthening allyship through education and professional development. Our goal is to share knowledge, resources, connections, and training so that we can better welcome newcomers. Link below for tickets.
- Thu, Feb 09RoanokeFeb 09, 5:00 PM – Feb 10, 7:30 PMRoanoke, 1310 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke, VA 24015, USAThe Center for Demography and Human Rights presents: I T ’ S N O T A B O U T M E , I T ’ S A B O U T U S True stories about how the latin community and Roanoke service providers improved public health in the face of COVID-19 challenges. See below for link to free tickets.
- Thu, Oct 01Virginia Polytechnic Institute and StateOct 01, 2020, 11:30 AMVirginia Polytechnic Institute and State, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USAWe look forward to our meeting in October to further develop our mission and to continue developing a centralized “digital binder” where information can be collected and disseminated in meaningful ways.
- Sun, May 10Virginia Polytechnic Institute and StateMay 10, 2020, 7:00 PMVirginia Polytechnic Institute and State, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USAThe film examines the experiences of migrant communities moving through a health clinic in Southwest Houston, Texas. In a city known to be the most diverse in America, that corner is home to the highest concentration of immigrant communities from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Central America.
bottom of page